Summer Quiz Answers
Thank you to everyone who supported the Ecton Summer Quiz here are the answers…Next Quiz will be ready for Christmas.
Ecton Summer Quiz – Answers
1. 26 L of the A = 26 letters of the alphabet
2. 7 D of the W = 7 days of the week
3. 1001 AN = 1001 Arabian Nights
4. 9 P in the SS = 9 planets in the solar system
5. 18 H on a GC = 18 holes on a golf course
6. 90 D in a RA = 90 degrees in a right angle
7. 200 P for PG in M = 200 pounds for passing ‘go’ in Monopoly
8. 7 S on a FPP = 7 sides on a fifty pence piece
9. 57 HV = 57 Heinz varieties
10. 29 D in F in a LY = 27 days in February in a leap year
11. 64 S on a CB = 64 squares on a chess board
12. 76 T in the BP = 76 trombones in the Big Parade
13. 16 O in a P = 16 ounces in a pound
14. 7 W of the AW = 7 wonders of the ancient world
15. 4 S in a Y = 4 seasons in a year
16. 14 P in a S = 14 pounds in a stone
17. 3 C in the F = 3 coins in the fountain
18. 4 H of the A =4 horsemen of the apocalypse
19. 5 OR = 5 Olympic Rings
20. 12 D of C = 12 days of Christmas
Thank you to all who supported us, we raised £410 for church funds
Ecton Clear Up
Thank you to Nationwide for sending a team of volunteers to work in the church yard.
Ecton Eastertide Quiz.
Thank you for your support and having a go. Here are the answers:
2. Dog Rose
4. Meadow Sweet
6. Golden Rod
8. Good King Henry
11. Lords and Ladies
12. Batchelor’s Buttons
18. Traveller’s Joy
22. Colts Foot
25. Lady’s Smock
A large proportion of the village is a conservation area and there are many old and interesting buildings. The population is just under 500 people.
There are two public houses, but no shops. There are some home based businesses but no commercial premises. A playing field with play equipment is near the top end of the village and a modern village hall is sited at the centre of the village.
There is a village primary school http://ectonvillageacademy.org.uk/index.php which currently has about 75 children. A pre-school runs in the school hall.
About St Mary Magdalene, Ecton
Dedicated to St Mary Magdalene, the parish church of Ecton lies just off the High Street.
A full and comprehensive history of the church can be found on the Ecton Village website http://www.ectonvillage.co.uk/
The church has an interesting a link with the Franklin family and whilst Benjamin Franklin was not born in Ecton, the village church has memorials to his uncle and aunt who are buried in the graveyard. Benjamin is known to have visited the church in 1758 and a commemorative plaque was installed by visitors from the USA in 1910.
Ecton church has been chosen as one of Northamptonshire’s 100 best churches Ecton
See Northamptonshire Surprise Website: